Every election is an important one for the oceans. The threats to our oceans only grow if we don't take action. One action that you can take for the oceans is to go out and vote for the candidate that you think will best protect our oceans and other resources.
On behalf of the oceans -- thanks for voting and participating in our democracy!
Monday, November 5, 2012
Friday, February 3, 2012
Sign up for our annual event on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/events/120663968056408/
Show your love for that special someone in your life and the ocean on this Valentine's Day.
Since we just had Chinese New Year, why not make a resolution to use less plastic?
Love the Ocean, Use Less Plastic:
1. Bring your reusable bag when you go shopping and/or say "no" when offered a plastic bag.
2. Pick a non-plastic gift to show your love. Really, is plastic the way to say, "I love you"?
3. How about wrapping your gift in a reusable shopping bag?
4. If you live near the ocean, take the time to visit and have a romantic walk on the beach, go surfing, go wildlife watching, or just to watch the sun set. Maybe even take a couple of minutes to pick up some marine debris while you're there or to even join a beach cleanup that weekend (check your local Surfrider for info: www.surfrider.org).
5. If you go out to dinner, remember to order only sustainable seafood (if you order it at all) and bring your own container for leftovers.
6. Consider donating on behalf of your love to the ocean charity of your choice.
7. Share this event with your friends all over the world to spread the word. Last year we had over 1,200 people reply "Yes" to show their support. Can we get more this year?
The ocean thanks you and loves you back.